Monday, December 1, 2014

More Email


October 30, 2010 took place in Normandy modest but for me very informative presentation Alsace wines with an enthusiastic local audience. A first very positive experience.
It all started with a joke: this summer during our wedding dinner, the "Norman Cousins had" launched "faudras you to come to us taste other wines of Alsace there in Normandy! Do you even lift
And here was done: With the help of step-mom in chief steward, with the involvement of Tata Françoise that would accommodate those who wanted to participate ... or soon 37 people !!! Panic on board, I quickly sweated blood to the idea (johnny) to present "my" wines of Alsace to so many people!
Indeed, I transpired to redo the tour of the vineyards in search of wines that would suit my audience, in the vague hope to adapt myself to the best ... it was "target" is what I call "immediate wines" which are not of great wines.
We know that and not that of Marseille, there is no risk of being wrong with a true Grand Cru Alsace, select a "coherent" series that nonetheless beat the Palace of philistines is a different story! ... The mission quickly became so impossible ... But gradually, hesitation in calling into doubt, I managed to make a selection that seemed my business.
But to "dress" the evening, it was the promotional stuff. CIVA is superbly played role since it exceeded my expectations, and that the passage be thanked especially Mr. Aulagnon who welcomed car mileage check me very nicely.
In Normandy, the final choice of wines was difficult. For example, I presented two Pinot Noirs, as I would have made two of which Riesling Grand Cru. But I adapted to the circumstances and that subsequently proved wise. Because with 37 people to serve, it was no longer a tasting but a presentation of Alsace wines.
Wines like my comments were holding car mileage check the attention of an audience of neophytes showing a open mind that many people in certain wine-growing regions would do well to possess.
It was a great night for everyone, and an appointment was made to put the cover in spring next year ... obviously with so many people, it will not be possible. Or in two sessions.
Riesling Andlau - Rémy Gresser - Andlau

More Email

MORE



No comments:

Post a Comment